Easy Dip and Spread Recipes
Dip & Spread Tips
- Many dip and spread recipes can easily be doubled to feed a crowd.
- To help you “keep your cool” on party day, prepare some recipes ahead of time. The flavor of dips improves with the refrigerating time.
- Serve a dip in a hollowed out bell pepper for an easy, impressive and edible container.
- If you’re traveling to the party remember… safety first! Store cold dips in the refrigerator until it's time to go, then transport them safely in an insulated cooler packed with ice.
- Some brands of glass baking dishes come with tight fitting lids. Assemble a layered dip in one of these dishes, and then simply remove the lid when you get to the party!
- Transport creamy dips or spreads and veggie dippers separately in resealable plastic bags. Transfer to serving bowls or platters just before serving.
- Veggie platters make an appearance at most parties. Try assembling your own, so you can choose the vegetables that best suit your dip.
- Cutting vegetables or fruit into bite-size pieces can help discourage double dipping.
- Don’t let the vegetables get all the love. Fruit platters can be a fun alternative!